Friday, December 31, 2010

2010

So I guess, this would be my last post in 2010. Uhmm too tell the truth, I dont really get excited about new year, like I used too.. Islam new year da past da, heheh..

So this year, had been quite tough for me. Final days, at Bali Thai, O levels results, new school, new friends, old friends, same ol' me.



====
I remember, working at Bali Thai, after my O's exactly after my Grad night at 09. My last day was early this year, 2010. I remember having an awsome, but tiring time there. Never would I forget the experience. Serving customer, giving a smile, getting basket customer, meeting beautiful people, getting payed, funny chefs. Everything la, if I were to drop at Orchard road, the first thing I remember work. The smell, up until to this day is there. When I walk past Bali Thai, memories come gushing back.

====
O level results- Well as like any other candidates. Nervous feeling is always there, but more prepared, as we experienced N level results. The first thing I check when I got the slip is my Maths becus, Fail maths fail everyhting what. Well, I failed my maths. Yup! I failed my maths. I passed others but failed my maths. Quite disappointing but I quite expected it. But I already had an eye for something that has got to do with cooking. I even told Shafie I wanted to go Shatec in January 2010, way before O levels has started.

====
So I finally got into the cooking line. Im in Culinary course. My main lecturer was Sir Benjamin. I have to say he's a great chef. This course offer many things, and gives me oppurtinities. I got to work at the popular, Marina Bay Sands Hotel. Singapore Junior Chef Clubs, which I got to know other students from other Institutes, like Temasek Poly and etc. And whoever do well, would get to go to France, to be in Institute Paul Bacous for a week. I have to say a Chef job is not an easy one. But I love it.

====
Well I pretty much miss Boon Lay Sec. Ok, I damn bloody miss Boon Lay Sec!!! This year feels awkward not going to secondary school after 5 years in it. amd.. after a year not wearing my Venus shirt, I wore it for the first time in 2010, and really, I feel like a Boonlay-ian again. Seriously, I prefer secondary life. I miss everyone, there, I miss the auntie at the drink stall, the makcik at malay stall, chicken chop, the sweet sour fish, and the $1 food stall at the other makcik stall! Tell me where can I get $1 for a plate now??? and I miss the Siew Mai, egg bread, milo stall. I miss playing soccer at the courts, I miss singing the school song and national anthem. I miss hearing announcements. I miss looking at performances at school hall. I miss taking pictures at performances for cyberace. I miss going to quiet places when Im alone. I miss the teacher, I miss Miss Ho our Principal before Mr Ngiam. I miss teachers. I miss students, friends all. Bye 2010!

Off to Zouq later!!